2016-09-25
Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:30 PM

@Clio Batali has joined the channel

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:30 PM

@Clio Batali set the channel purpose: The place for questions and general info about Girls’ Generation (meetings and the actual competition)!

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily8:30 PM

@Binnur Alkazily has joined the channel

Lia Johansen
Lia Johansen8:30 PM

@Lia Johansen has joined the channel

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:30 PM

@Enrique Chee has joined the channel

Michelle Dalton
Michelle Dalton8:30 PM

@Michelle Dalton has joined the channel

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:30 PM

@Rose Bandrowski has joined the channel

victoria kleiven
victoria kleiven8:30 PM

@victoria kleiven has joined the channel

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:41 PM

First Girls’ Gen meeting complete! If you have time, definitely check out some other matches from last year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxQhbFKvKo&list=PLwES-Sbpsnxz02Crqx-5ollgAYkPKws9t). Also, here’s the game manual in full if you’d like to see what specific rules and regulations look like: https://firstfrc.blob.core.windows.net/frc2016manuals/GameManual/FRC-2016-game-manual.pdf. If you ever have questions, here’s the place to post them!

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:41 PM

@Clio Batali pinned a message to this channel.

Sarah Lucioni
Sarah Lucioni9:33 PM

@Sarah Lucioni has joined the channel

2016-09-26
Jennifer Allen
Jennifer Allen6:08 AM

@Jennifer Allen has joined the channel

Olivia Pells
Olivia Pells6:08 AM

@Olivia Pells has joined the channel

Sophie Holzer
Sophie Holzer9:04 PM

@Sophie Holzer has joined the channel

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily9:35 PM

@Riyadth Al-Kazily has joined the channel

2016-09-27
Fiona Morrison
Fiona Morrison10:35 AM

@Fiona Morrison has joined the channel

2016-09-28
Adrianna Carter
Adrianna Carter10:58 PM

@Adrianna Carter has joined the channel

2016-10-02
Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman10:48 AM

@Charlotte Larson Freeman has joined the channel

2016-10-04
John Sachs
John Sachs9:40 PM

@John Sachs has joined the channel

2016-10-05
Jeff Dalton
Jeff Dalton10:58 AM

@Jeff Dalton has joined the channel

Clio Batali
Clio Batali9:21 PM

Reminder: our next meeting will be this Sunday, 1-4pm. If you can’t be there, please send an email to me and Mr. Chee so we can know not to expect you. Hope to see you all there!

Emma Tutty
Emma Tutty9:35 PM

@Emma Tutty has joined the channel

Kate Treviño-Yoson
Kate Treviño-Yoson9:35 PM

@Kate Treviño-Yoson has joined the channel

2016-10-09
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:24 AM

what is the room number for our robotics room?

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:25 AM

My room is 316 and the new engineering room is 313

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:25 AM

thank you!

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily3:37 PM

It would be great to invite girls (and boys) who are not on the team to attend the competition. The coach suggested we include 8th graders, to show off how fun robotics is. How should we (as a team) reach out and invite others to come watch and support us?

2016-10-14
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee5:40 PM

Reminder . We are meeting on Sat 10-15 from 1 to 4 pm . We need to pack the trailer . Please let me or Clio know if you can't make it .

2016-10-15
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily11:02 AM

gonna be a bit wet - bring rain jackets

2016-10-17
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:26 PM

Clio, did we pack the dremel tool ?

Clio Batali
Clio Batali9:27 PM

Oh, no we didn’t (Alex and Will were using it to work on ARES as we were packing)

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:28 PM

I though so. Lets grab it after leadership meeting.

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:28 PM

thought

Clio Batali
Clio Batali9:28 PM

Okay. Thanks for thinking of it

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:28 PM

That is one tool I think we might be using. I hope I am wrong.

2016-10-19
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:10 PM

me too!!

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:27 PM

@Lia Johansen: if you have questions on the github changes, let me/ @Michelle Dalton know. Other than pulling the latest updates, we should be good to go - are there anything additional needed from programming?

2016-10-20
Lia Johansen
Lia Johansen4:19 PM

@Binnur Alkazily: I have pulled the latest code. I dont believe there is any additional needed from programming. I will bring my laptop to girls gen.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily4:28 PM

:+1:

Clio Batali
Clio Batali6:27 PM

Thanks!

2016-10-21
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:03 PM

Hey , everyone. I happen to have a 9 x 9 canopy that I will bring tomorrow. It happens to have our blue team color on the top. So please don't grab the 10 x 10 which is also in my van.

Emma Tutty
Emma Tutty9:18 PM

@Emma Tutty has left the channel

2016-10-22
Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski6:45 AM

Who's leading scouting?

Clio Batali
Clio Batali6:45 AM

Lia

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski6:46 AM

Ok thanks

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski9:54 AM

First girls generation competition, we got a score of 94 points!

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski9:54 AM

(Our first competition today)

Clio Batali
Clio Batali5:33 PM

Great job everyone! We didn't get picked, but the drive team competed really well, and all the work scouting in the stands was incredibly well done. It was great to see all the spirit in the stands, and I hope you all had phun!

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee5:35 PM

Kudos to all !!! 9th place out of 31 teams .

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:15 PM

Yes!! It was a fantastic day and everyone did awesome. I loved the energy and drive of our team. Thank you! And special thanks to @Clio Batali for getting us ready for the GG! Let's do it again :)

2016-10-24
Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily8:10 PM

Photos of our driving team are posted in the FIRSTWA Flickr stream. https://flic.kr/p/Nv2D64

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:25 PM

Can someone tell marketing about this great photo !

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:26 PM

Can I use it to post to the Instagram?

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:26 PM

You have the power!

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:27 PM

Ok cool! Thanks

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:29 PM

Good questions. Do we have the rights ? I would give credit to the photographer or agency .

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:29 PM

Ok yeah that was my question

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:30 PM

Not sure .

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:30 PM

Hmm, I'll have to look into it.

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:31 PM

I think if you mention it was taken by WA first media crew it would be fine .

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:31 PM

Ok

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:33 PM

Only if you want to be REALLY safe

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:33 PM

Wow that's a lot of info! I was only going to use it as a recap, so maybe it's not worth the trouble

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:34 PM

Up to you - it should be fine to just mention what Mr. Chee suggested. This is just a way to be extra careful if you're worried

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:35 PM

Ok, I don't think they're going to really get mad at us if we just give them credit, and if they do they're likely just ask us to take it down or add some extra info.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:35 PM

So I think it's fine.

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:35 PM

Thanks !

Clio Batali
Clio Batali8:35 PM

Alright - sounds good!

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:35 PM

Yup

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily8:54 PM

There are a few more photos in that photostream, in case you missed them. I think I counted 5.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:55 PM

Yeah, I saw. Pretty cool! Any you want posted specifically?

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily8:55 PM

That's up to the team. The one I linked to is my favorite though.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:56 PM

Gotcha, I already posted the one you linked for a recap :slightlysmilingface:

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily9:00 PM

I have just sent an email to the FIRSTWA Flickr account asking if they grant permission for FIRST teams to use photos of their members. I'll let you know what they say. (But I'm pretty sure they won't have a problem with us using photos of our team members, based on the principles of FIRST and gracious professionalism.)

2016-10-28
Samantha Rosen
Samantha Rosen11:33 AM

@Samantha Rosen has joined the channel

2016-11-06
Jeff Dalton
Jeff Dalton10:34 PM

@Jeff Dalton has left the channel

2016-11-29
Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski7:17 PM

@Rose Bandrowski has left the channel

2017-01-08
Lia Johansen
Lia Johansen1:40 PM

@Lia Johansen has left the channel

2017-09-15
Paul Vibrans
Paul Vibrans3:47 PM

@Paul Vibrans has joined the channel

2017-09-16
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger1:52 PM

@Chris Rininger has joined the channel

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger1:55 PM

Hi all. I thought I would place this here first, sincc Girls Gen is coming up. I've been playing with Synthesis over the summer, and I'm now sharing instructions for how to set up the application, controllers, etc. in order to use it for robot driving practice. No simulation is perfect, but I think it's pretty good, especially for beginners. Enjoy!

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee2:43 PM

Thanks for putting this together.

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee2:43 PM

@Enrique Chee pinned @Chris Rininger’s PDF -driverpracticeusingautodeskbxdsynthesisv4.0.pdf|Instructions - Driver Practice Using Autodesk BXD Synthesis v4.0.pdf> to this channel.

2017-09-19
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger9:01 AM

Follow-up to those Synthesis instructions - here are a few short video clips of the kinds of maneuvers that could be practiced from the perspective of one of the driver stations. Sharing from my phone - if it doesn't work, let me know & I'll share a different way... https://1drv.ms/f/s!AikCDwtdoW5LtjJVyfWN8NTxvvzs

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason3:22 PM

@Declan Freeman-Gleason has joined the channel

2017-09-29
Randy Groves
Randy Groves8:33 PM

@Randy Groves has joined the channel

2017-10-14
Ethan Rininger
Ethan Rininger6:03 PM

@Ethan Rininger has joined the channel

2017-10-15
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:40 PM

@Rose Bandrowski @Enrique Chee running a bit behind - will be there but a few mins late. FYI

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski12:40 PM

@Rose Bandrowski has joined the channel

Marie Sachs
Marie Sachs2:06 PM

@Marie Sachs has joined the channel

2017-10-16
Darwin Clark
Darwin Clark12:49 PM

@Darwin Clark has joined the channel

2017-10-17
Terry Shields
Terry Shields11:22 AM

@Terry Shields has joined the channel

2017-10-18
Terry Shields
Terry Shields3:21 PM

Hey team, do we have any photos of SPARTRONICS Girls' Gen??? I'm making up two wall posters for St. Cecilia school hallways to get some FLL students excited to go Girls' Gen competition - - I want them to see how the big girls play!!

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee3:23 PM

We also have a video. I will share. Marketing folks please direct Terry on photos with our google drive of photos.

2017-10-19
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily2:51 PM

@Jon Coonan ^^^

Jon Coonan
Jon Coonan2:51 PM

@Jon Coonan has joined the channel

2017-10-21
Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman1:11 PM

@Terry Shields We have a folder in the google drive with a lot of Girls Gen. photos from last year (and I assume there are some from the year before as well).

Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman1:14 PM

I believe that Chris R. took some great photos then that you might like to use, but I don't know where those are.

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger1:29 PM

I sent him a link in the other channel (marketing?) where he requested pictures. That said, I think Jon last year may have copied my pictures to the folder you shared, so the folder above may have more pictures than what I sent him.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski3:22 PM

@Declan Freeman-Gleason can you come to girls gen tomorrow to look at the autonomous?

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason3:25 PM

I can, but I'm pretty sure that the issue you had was because the robot was turned on before it was in its final position.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski3:25 PM

Oh okay, if you don't think it's necessary to come then because of that then it's fine.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski3:25 PM

I don't know, did Binnur and you discuss it on programming?

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason3:26 PM

Did you have any other issues?

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski3:26 PM

Not as far as I know

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason3:27 PM

The issue you had, you mean?

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski3:27 PM

Yeah

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason4:22 PM

@Rose Bandrowski Would it be helpful if I came tomorrow? I can be there, it's no problem at all (I just have to leave at 3:00).

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski4:23 PM

I'm unsure. Probably not, unless you want to come a little before your ftc meeting just to check in and make sure there's no programming stuff we're still having problems with.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski4:23 PM

Thanks for asking, I'd probably say no though :slightlysmilingface:

Terry Shields
Terry Shields7:35 PM

Thank you Charlotte & Chris... I now have plenty of photos to choose from.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:09 PM

@Rose Bandrowski I hear what @Declan Freeman-Gleason is stating — do you have the required checklist and understanding for proper operation of the robot at the competition? My advice is to run through autonomous first thing, and arrange with declan so he knows when to monitor slack. This will help set expectation on IF we need declan’s support.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski9:10 PM

Yes, that sounds good.

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski9:10 PM

(Yes I have the checklist)

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski9:11 PM

We'll be driving at around 2 I believe, so if there's anything we're concerned about, after that time is when to keep an eye out.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:12 PM

Sounds good — lets make sure we remember to slack declan regardless, so he know is everything is fine

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski9:12 PM

Will do.

2017-10-22
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger12:20 PM

@Rose Bandrowski @Enrique Chee Getting ready for my trip today - need me at all for the meeting today? Could stop by for part

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee12:22 PM

We are good . Thanks

2017-10-25
Anna Banyas
Anna Banyas10:08 PM

@Anna Banyas has joined the channel

2017-10-26
Martin Vroom
Martin Vroom7:30 AM

@Martin Vroom has joined the channel

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:48 PM

Any changes to the drive team checklist mentors/students can think of? https://docs.google.com/document/d/10bc2XbgUnpQ8g7jiDt4OB7MF1jfEVKXimcpzU795l44/edit?usp=sharing

Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski8:48 PM

2017-10-29
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger12:05 PM

Here are pictures I took yesterday. I know others took more - looking forward to seeing them!

Congratulations to the drive team for persevering through some challenges and finishing strong! And congratulations to the whole team for representing the school & community with gracious professionalism and enthusiasm yesterday! https://1drv.ms/f/s!AikCDwtdoW5LuyEMqbJ6-oHCokb -->If anyone wants to download pictures for themselve, feel free!

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily6:55 PM

FirstWA uploaded their videos of the event to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwES-Sbpsnxw87YrktAR1KmYQ8dRPto4v

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily6:57 PM

And they have a photo album of the event on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/firstwamediacrew/albums/72157665596417989

2017-11-08
Kirsten Martel
Kirsten Martel9:03 PM

@Kirsten Martel has joined the channel

2018-01-15
Rose Bandrowski
Rose Bandrowski5:09 PM

@Rose Bandrowski has left the channel

2018-03-10
Paul Vibrans
Paul Vibrans10:39 PM

@Paul Vibrans has left the channel

2018-05-11
Jack Chapman
Jack Chapman11:54 AM

@Jack Chapman has joined the channel

2018-09-11
Violet Advani
Violet Advani3:47 PM

@Violet Advani has joined the channel

2018-09-14
Chris Mentzer
Chris Mentzer1:12 PM

@Chris Mentzer has joined the channel

2018-09-30
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger1:56 PM

I will attend today, but I’ll arrive a bit late

Violet Advani
Violet Advani1:58 PM

Awesome. Thanks

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger3:59 PM

Here' s a Power Up rules summary created for the drive team last year. I recommend still reading the full rules, but I think this might be helpful to look at afterward as a recap or as a refresher going into the competition.

Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman6:05 PM

Thanks @Chris Rininger !

2018-10-02
Nora Wilson
Nora Wilson10:16 AM

@Nora Wilson has joined the channel

2018-10-14
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger12:09 PM

I'll be there today, but late (after a hair cut)

If interested in structured driving practice drills, check out pages 21 - 26 of this comprehensive drive team manual from team 2168: Aluminum Falcons: http://team2168.org/images/stories/OrganizationDocuments/Driver%20Training8.22.11.pdf

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason1:39 PM

Here's the THEMIS setup steps document (someone might want to print it out): https://docs.google.com/document/d/16i7IopfG2-jPnuMN12KgO3BgIfXFjMBd3ESdzvPGeg/edit?usp=sharing

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger2:11 PM

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:02 PM

@Violet Advani @Charlotte Larson Freeman ^^^ pls print and share w/ driver team

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:04 PM

Note the step 7 w/ prep robot — you will need to do this prior to match while waiting on the queue line

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:04 PM

Also note the ‘competition radio’ — we need to ensure this gets packed

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:06 PM

Also, pls test step #6a (tethering) before we head to the competition. For any debugging and practice field testing, we run the robot tethered

2018-10-24
Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson10:24 PM

@Sunny Gregson has joined the channel

Merrill Keating
Merrill Keating10:25 PM

@Merrill Keating has joined the channel

2018-10-25
Kate Swietlik
Kate Swietlik7:30 AM

@Kate Swietlik has joined the channel

2018-10-26
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee6:09 PM

@Violet Advani @Charlotte Larson Freeman

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee6:09 PM

Please read and do above

Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman8:56 PM

Will do! Thanks for the reminder @Binnur Alkazily

Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman8:56 PM

We did pack the competition radio

Charlotte Larson Freeman
Charlotte Larson Freeman8:57 PM

And we unfortunately didn’t test 6a, but we’ll find time in the morning to do that.

2018-10-28
Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger10:25 AM

Here are pictures from Girls Gen - fun times! https://1drv.ms/f/s!AikCDwtdoW5Lwx-Sp5kL4yZoHUXQ

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily10:56 AM

At the practice field

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily11:22 AM

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily11:22 AM

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily11:22 AM

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily11:24 AM

@Chris Rininger thank you for the photos!! @Charlotte Larson Freeman or @Enrique Chee can you send these to the girls gen and team? Thank you!

2018-11-03
Doña Keating
Doña Keating10:46 AM

@Doña Keating has joined the channel

2019-01-13
Justice James
Justice James9:43 PM

@Justice James has joined the channel

2019-02-02
Lane Johnson
Lane Johnson8:40 AM

@Lane Johnson has joined the channel

2019-02-13
Jeffrey Tappen
Jeffrey Tappen8:28 PM

@Jeffrey Tappen has joined the channel

2019-03-04
Darwin Clark
Darwin Clark11:59 AM

@Darwin Clark has left the channel

2019-06-12
Cruz Strom
Cruz Strom8:58 PM

@Cruz Strom has joined the channel

Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson8:58 PM

We need your help and it will only take a few mins of your time. This link is the teacher survey for interest in setting aside a few minutes at the beginning of next year for a short girls gen presentation. We’d appreciate if you can chat with a couple of your teachers and update this sheet before the end of this school year. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ymp9VxBfN7N45IU9ShRZcvAmeutSnWdyTBJQXiFVMzo

2019-06-14
Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason3:27 PM

@Doña Keating @Chris Mentzer I talked to Mr. Chee about the mini open house, and the tentative date is Monday the 9th, but that could change because of school schedule, so we will need to get contact info for everyone we recruit for that date in case of changes.

Also, we will need to make it clear that girls gen is only available for incoming high school students who go to BHS, EHHS, or home school on Bainbridge.

2019-06-17
Doña Keating
Doña Keating7:58 PM

This is the flier we're planning to print for distribution at upcoming events.

2019-06-27
Therese
Therese10:09 PM

@Therese has joined the channel

2019-07-07
Doña Keating
Doña Keating3:24 PM

Interest from the 4th at Bainbridge Island Girl Up fundraiser table: (1) Pam Raphael, , interest: sponsor; and (2) Jacqueline Young, , interest: mentor

2019-08-10
Jack Scheiderman
Jack Scheiderman10:12 PM

@Jack Scheiderman has joined the channel

2019-08-30
Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson5:23 PM

If you are interested there is going to be a short meeting discussing girls gen at 3pm next Tuesday (September 3rd). It is at my moms studio in Coppertop right above the distillery, room 201. I will send out an agenda this weekend.

Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson5:34 PM

The exact address is 9727 coppertop loop ne #201

Merrill Keating
Merrill Keating5:37 PM

Even if you can't attend, any ideas or topics that you think we should cover are welcome.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily6:26 PM

^^^

2019-08-31
Merrill Keating
Merrill Keating8:18 PM

The google doc is the agenda for this Tuesday's meeting, feel free to add to it or edit it.

2019-09-03
Randy Groves
Randy Groves4:29 PM

Aauugh! I'm working building a woodshed at the house, and completely spaced this.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating5:23 PM

Per today's meeting, attached is an updated PDF and PNG version of the flyer, which can be sent to teachers electronically and used in social/media outreach for the open house. Also attached is an updated sign up sheet. Please advise if you'd like changes made to either of them. I'm in a meeting tonight from 6p-8:30pm but can work on them when I get home. Thanks to all who attended this afternoon.

Merrill Keating
Merrill Keating5:47 PM

@Cruz Strom @Violet Advani I gave it some more thought after today’s meeting and have decided to be on the Drive Team for mechanism control. I’m still going to continue practicing my driving, however, because I don’t want to rule that out either.

2019-09-08
Doña Keating
Doña Keating6:43 PM

@Merrill Keating @Sunny Gregson @Violet Advani I was asked to shrink the rows so there'd be more for sign-up. v2 is attached.

2019-09-09
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee11:00 PM

Thanks

2019-09-15
Merrill Keating
Merrill Keating8:57 PM

@Sunny Gregson @Violet Advani Document for the Girls Gen Open House tomorrow: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bRX19WG16dqjztY-BN3yC8fn0MFUawZyYu1G0gZpm1U/edit?usp=sharing

2019-09-16
Violet Advani
Violet Advani9:54 AM

Thanks @Merrill Keating. Also, here is the link to the doc from last year. We can use as much or as little as we would like. I also added a few things to your doc.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:10 PM

wishing you a full house this afternoon. Documents look good. Remember to tell your stories, what gets you excited about girls gen/robots. And, find out what they are interested and use that to relate and get them excited and interested. Personal stories are a powerful tool in life.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:18 PM

If possible, bring last year’s robot for show and tell - you don’t need to drive it. It is for visual effect.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating8:04 PM

Kudos to @Merrill Keating, @Sunny Gregson, and @Violet Advani for their work on today's open house. @Cruz Strom and @Chris Mentzer...you didn't have to be there but showed up in support anyway. Thank you for that. And of course, @Enrique Chee, @Binnur Alkazily, @Kevin Hawkins, and @Therese ... danke! #teamwork #goingtheextramile

Kevin Hawkins
Kevin Hawkins8:54 PM

@Kevin Hawkins has joined the channel

2019-09-21
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily1:07 PM

Can someone share plans for tomorrow? I strongly encourage time for hands on experience in the shop.

Merrill Keating
Merrill Keating4:08 PM

@Binnur Alkazily @Violet Advani@Sunny Gregson https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y5ILt2HFcVc2AdzIqwKdNqEGhiYSLN11nYFsCnsjbw/edit?usp=sharing - Plans for the meeting tomorrow which is a mix of last years notes and our notes from the meeting on the 3rd.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily6:16 PM

@Violet Advani @Merrill Keating @Sunny Gregson please put yourselves on the shoes of these ladies and ask ‘would you want to spend 3 hours watching videos and sitting around a table talking?’. My recommendation: individual introductions, FIRST intro, last year’s game should not take more than 1hr. Basic rules should be demonstrated with how we built and designed the robot — So, have a section that does a show & tell on how our robot works and how it performs its functions. Get some hands on activity with robot, at minimum how to change battery. I like to see at least 1 hour of hands on activities. Before the end of the meeting, please align on the drive team composition as well.

Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson7:48 PM

I have made a list of things that need to be fixed on the robot. I have also updated the meeting plan to include some of the things we can do with the new members. I was thinking of starting by doing things that don't involve tools and then on the second day, we can teach them how to use a drill and have them remount the camera. It's not really fair to only teach them about mechanics and marketing though.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:04 PM

Mechanics is 60-70% of what happens on the robot. If you capture interest it can guide if any interest exist on programming. However, programming is difficult for boot camp. You can set up electronics and do hands on soldering type activities.

Scouting is another area to nail down, which has some programming activity if it is setup.

2019-09-22
Doña Keating
Doña Keating8:45 AM

It's important to have clarity and 2-way communication between the team leadership and interested girls. We initially said Girls Gen would not proceed if we didn't have 15, then decided we could move to a plan B with less and put them to work on the robot and other tasks. Theoretically, Girls Gen is a microcosm of what occurs on the larger team, so there will be a variety of reasons for interest. If some were intrigued by the work and competition, their decision to continue showing up might be impacted if the latter isn't occurring. If we don't hit our numbers today, their honest feedback will be important because what we want, and our pedagogy, may not be what sustains their commitment. We've seen these drop-offs before, so I look forward to obviating some of that wherever possible via today's exchange...

Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson9:13 AM

Here is the attendance for the Girls Gen meetings and competitions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cXEzbte2wFEblYlLvCZwnamGIC8FB752U7WrsXyqssU/edit?usp=sharing

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily5:48 PM

Team (@Violet Advani, @Sunny Gregson, @Merrill Keating, @Kate Treviño-Yoson, @Harper Nalley), good job today — I loved seeing everyone engaged and getting hands-on with what takes to build a robot. Here are my notes on a few things that I would like you as the leads to follow up on so we have even more fun next time! Please make sure to take ownership and communicate who is doing what.

Please add onto what I have forgotten…
I am wondering about the other women mentors — have you contacted others, such as Michelle about the meetings?
We agreed that an email will be sent to the Girl’s Gen participants about the planned agenda and any reminders by Thursday evening. Please follow up on:
Who are interested in the driving team
For the two who was interested in doing a Girl’s Gen video, please ask if equipment is needed
Follow up w/ the bigger team:
What is needed for programming to get to a functioning robot
Field setup tips for driver practice
Anything else needed for the driver training
Get a good plan going for next meeting — for each of the items, please identify who and how long. It will give you a good sense on how the meeting will run. Below are suggestions:
Programming intro: ~ 15mins to show Arduino and bling — @Riyadth Al-Kazily
Pneumatics action — we had a setup to demonstrate the functions in the past
Hands-on w/ machinery
Robot repair, bumpers, battery
Driving experience — if possible 2 robots could streamline
Coming up for 3rd+ meetings:
Scouting plans
Packing list (pls don’t leave this to last minute, and don’t forget power strips!)
* Continue to capture all these activities in a Girls’ Gen notebook for future use :slightlysmilingface:

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily6:04 PM

^^^ And, please do follow up w/ team members to see how they felt and that they will show up to next meetings :slightlysmilingface:

2019-09-23
Doña Keating
Doña Keating9:36 AM

...and wear new t-shirts in school, invite more friends, attend Wednesday's meeting if interested in bigger team. Kudos to all of you on the first meeting. Photos here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/apy4o4aej60gk8j/AADUs5wmK3h6oAAGlciLKuGpa?dl=0

Harper Nalley
Harper Nalley12:04 PM

@Harper Nalley has joined the channel

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:55 PM

@Doña Keating thanks for the photos - reminds me to make sure time is scheduled for team photo as well in the next two meetings.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating1:24 PM

Also...@Jack Scheiderman please bring the Spartronics earrings you have to Wednesday's meeting. We need to swap them out with another version...

2019-09-26
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily6:38 PM

Looking at the agenda for Sunday - looks like the programming and marketing activities are targeted for the full team at the same time. Is that the intent, or is it setup as a smaller team presentations as part of the rotation, which I recommend/prefer. Pls take a look over agenda organization. @Sunny Gregson @Merrill Keating @Violet Advani @Kate Treviño-Yoson @Harper Nalley

Doña Keating
Doña Keating6:53 PM

My question is: are the two activities actually a total of 15-20 minutes and 5-10 minutes each...and easily taught in a full-team format? How long would it take per rotation to achieve the same goal, and what does that add up to in total time versus the 30 minutes proposed?

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:55 PM

Last year we did the programming session and it takes about 15mins to show the layers of interaction. Not sure what marketing details are though — problem I see with programming is it would be harder to get the interaction with 15 at the same time when trying to show how arduino programming works.

Why not add it to rotational time and increase that accordingly?

Doña Keating
Doña Keating11:25 PM

They could, as long as everything fit into the total allotted timeframe...

2019-09-27
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:03 AM

Here is a suggestion — looks like there will be about 10 new girls (+5 Spartronics presenters). Target about 2 per station w/ 5 stations (combine things) x 15mins each. Note: I don’t know what is planned for marketing, so that could be presented to the full team.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating10:24 AM

The current agenda has a conservative estimate of 175 minutes and we almost always spend more time on items than allotted. Revisiting the timelines and determining what's critical will certainly help the team improve their planning. At the risk of blowback from Marketing regarding its undisputed importance, I'd go as far as saying we could remove it from Sunday's agenda if necessary...

2019-09-29
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:22 PM

@Violet Advani chatted w/ Declan/Darwin and they indicated some work needs to be done. Please assign 1-2 individuals from our Girls Gen team to work with them. Specifically 1) robot and driver station needs to be updated w/ cameras/screen; 2) At the competition, we may need on-the-field calibration. We can chat more at the meeting.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily5:57 PM

@Enrique Chee @Cruz Strom @Violet Advani - we will bring our car next Sunday to see if there is clearance. We are maybe a hair over 29” on the Subaru.
@Violet Advani pls review the agenda and let me know if we need to show up early or slot time in the schedule for us to check the robot fit, perhaps during scouting session.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating6:23 PM

Pics from today - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ac9k60sgd49kpuj/AABhEcdLKF-Y0USUGbWGpBaWa?dl=0. Sorry we had to leave at 4p sharp but need to keep track of Merrill's time. @Sean Reilly @Chris Mentzer photos here you can use for social media, newsletter, etc...

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason7:44 PM

Thank you for being so on top of taking photos Doña! These look great.

2019-09-30
Doña Keating
Doña Keating8:40 AM

You're welcome, Declan. I'll follow up with you on the other FIRST thingy soon...

2019-10-02
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily2:47 PM

@Harper Nalley and @Violet Advani - on Sunday, during the scouting/match presentation I plan to test pack the robot into our car. Cruz, if available can support us.

For packing - make sure to dig out the packing list from last year to pair down (and don’t forget to pack power strips). Thanks.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily2:50 PM

@Sunny Gregson ? Or delegate, pls email the Girls Gen team reminding Sunday will be team photo day and they should wear team shirts. Tx

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily2:52 PM

@Violet Advani @Harper Nalley is item #1 ^^^ scheduled/done? If you haven’t pls follow up with @Declan Freeman-Gleason / @Darwin Clark. If needed, this may need to be added to Sunday agenda.

Darwin Clark
Darwin Clark2:55 PM

@Darwin Clark has joined the channel

Harper Nalley
Harper Nalley3:00 PM

I completely forgot to add that

Harper Nalley
Harper Nalley3:02 PM

Added it

Sunny Gregson
Sunny Gregson3:03 PM

@Binnur Alkazily I already have

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee5:43 PM

Let’s add 30 extra minutes next Thurs 10/10 for driving practice from 3:30 to 5:30 since we could not get the robot to move.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:04 PM

?? Robot did not move? Any thoughts on why?

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee8:23 PM

No idea !!

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily8:26 PM

Interesting! Hoping to get time with robot to check it out on Sunday..

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason8:35 PM

@Binnur Alkazily Justice sent me this image, so I suspect the T265 camera being unplugged was the issue. If this was the problem then it’s totally an issue I introduced when I added T265 support to the 2019 code two weeks ago, because I took the camera with me for more testing, instead of leaving it plugged in. I should have realized that I needed to disable camera init until the camera was installed for good.

This can be fixed by rolling back to the previous code (`git checkout HEAD~2`) and redeploying.

Sorry about the lost meeting time.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily8:41 PM

On the good news side, glad to see they fixed the error message and made it clear (vs. just saying Robots don’t quit). On the bad side, this could happen in a competition where camera connection dies — so, good to have a workaround to make sure competition code doesn’t die just because of camera malfunction.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily8:42 PM

@Declan Freeman-Gleason please make sure someone can do the deployment — I don’t trust my laptop setup for any code deploy.

2019-10-04
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee1:55 PM

Good news . Chaos will fit in the district van . So I will take robot plus all of the pit stuff @Binnur Alkazily . Don’t need to bring car on Sun.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily2:05 PM

Sounds good - thanks!

2019-10-06
Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason1:07 PM

I'm going to be 10-20 more minutes late because I'm still held up in a meeting.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily1:52 PM

^^ full upload — did not curate at all! @Doña Keating

Doña Keating
Doña Keating2:11 PM

Got it! Might want some retakes... @Binnur Alkazily

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily4:38 PM

@Declan Freeman-Gleason reading the event details - we will need to be efficient if we need to do camera tuning. There will be a practice area. From the email
> Plan to immediately get your radio configured after entering the pits. Be prepared to have your robot ready to compete within minutes after arriving.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily4:40 PM

@Violet Advani on Wednesday, pls ensure drive team practices/walks thru what it takes to unplug and replug the radio. I don’t recall if we use a 2nd radio for the competitions - pls check with programming

2019-10-09
Doña Keating
Doña Keating1:20 PM

@Violet Advani @Harper Nalley @Merrill Keating - Can one of you post the checklist for this weekend here so @Binnur Alkazily, @Therese, or myself can review? Thanks...

Harper Nalley
Harper Nalley2:34 PM

This is the one I got from Clio's online robotics folder

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily6:19 PM

How was the driving practice?

Violet Advani
Violet Advani7:06 PM

Went alright. We had all successful climbs, except for one due to a lack of pressure. The chute sensor was not functioning, and is being worked on now. We have the second monitor hooked up, and tried driving with cameras. Lining up with the cameras is going very well.

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:00 PM

The chute sensor has been calibrated . Working well right now . @Binnur Alkazily I think the robot is ready to rumble . The Girls still need to know how to setup for sandstorm. e.g. choosing on the dashboard the correct autonomous mode @Declan Freeman-Gleason will go over it with Violet @Violet Advani

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:00 PM

@Violet Advani @Harper Nalley It needs to be updated to ensure what is needed for this year’s robot is available. Looking at last year’s packing list would be useful. Obvious things to point out:
- marketing awards from last year
- robot stand (and tools to put it together as it will be disassembled for transportation) in case we need to work on the climber
- mechanical tools/backups maybe needed for repairs
- verify what is needed for programming (network cable, keyboard?, dongles?) is packed @Declan Freeman-Gleason @Darwin Clark pls contribute what is required

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily9:02 PM

Good — @Violet Advani @Sunny Gregson @Merrill Keating @Harper Nalley --> do not count on me for any driver controls.

Harper Nalley
Harper Nalley9:03 PM

@Violet Advani so, the programmers fixed the problem and ran the chute a sufficient number of times to confirm that it works and is competition ready?

Doña Keating
Doña Keating9:09 PM

Also the procedures Coach Chee was asking about today...how to set up, connections of ethernet to computer, radio, practice field logistics, rules for driver, removal of pins, etc.

2019-10-10
Violet Advani
Violet Advani10:40 AM

Yes. Also: darwin was working on the lag in the cameras, and it seems as thought the back camera is no longer working

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:08 PM

? @Darwin Clark ^^^

Darwin Clark
Darwin Clark7:13 PM

Yeah, let me explain this. Before the meeting on Wendsday, I realized the port that the video was being streamed on is outside the enumerated team ports (as explained here https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/troubleshooting/l/705152-fms-whitepaper), and we were experiencing problems last year with not being able to stream when connected to FMS - the working theory was that the port was wrong. (for reference we were trying to stream over 8080) During the team meeting, I was in the process of changing it, and I noticed there was some 'fragmentation' issues with the streaming - behaivor that was contradictory with the message Violet had sent out the same day. During debugging that issue I did a `git checkout` on `layout2019.json`, to revert it back to a known working state. Unfortunally, the last committed revision was on *:8080 ports, however at that point during the meeting we were out of time. The upshot is: I talked to @Declan Freeman-Gleason, and he is aware of this, and knows where to fix it in code, and will do it en route to girls gen.

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason7:25 PM

Specifically, I will have the driver station on the car ride there and I’ll do a git pull. We will need to test on the practice field.

2019-10-11
Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily8:24 AM

I recommend using git tags for competition ready checkpoints. We done that in the past and I find it at least increases my confidence in the code changes as makes it easier to diff for changes and cherry pick if needed.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:59 AM

@Doña Keating reminder: mentioned today is international girls day and would be a great opportunity for social media during packing activity w/ photos and content to celebrate it around the wold. @Violet Advani @Harper Nalley @Sunny Gregson @Merrill Keating — if you need support from the team to post it, pls communicate it to them about time urgency as well. Slack works well - make sure to tag their name though!

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily11:00 AM

^^^ and pls ping @Doña Keating if need help, I claim clueless in this area :)

Doña Keating
Doña Keating11:08 AM

I'll be on a conference call with FIRST WA's president regarding a programming project and on a ferry to Seattle, so @Violet Advani @Harper Nalley @Merrill Keating @Sunny Gregson if you do take pics to celebrate International Day of the Girl, try to do that in the beginning of your packing since Merrill has to leave early. If you post the URL to pics here and/or in Marketing with tags to Kevin (mentor) and team leads (Sean Reilly and Chris Mentzer), they can take it from there...easy peasy stuff.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating11:10 AM

BTW @Declan Freeman-Gleason ... haven't heard back with any objections regarding our proposed call time, so I'll just dial in as planned...

Declan Freeman-Gleason
Declan Freeman-Gleason1:09 PM

I will also call in at 5:15.

Harper Nalley
Harper Nalley3:13 PM

I will be there in about 7 minutes, got caught up with something

Violet Advani
Violet Advani10:16 PM

Thank you @Doña Keating and @Binnur Alkazily for the suggestion. Unfortunately, only a handful of girls made it to packing. Although there was about 7 girls who had said that they could be there, only Harper, Sunny, Merrill and myself were there, and Maya showed up for a small portion of it. I think that it would have been good to send out a reminder email yesterday.

2019-10-12
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:12 AM

Our matches are 7, 13,19, 25, 30, 35 , 43, 50, 55

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee9:13 AM

It is posted in blue alliance . Missed match #58. Ten matches

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:36 AM

What is missed match 58? Due to delays?

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:37 AM

I posted all the scheduled matches to announcements

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:05 PM

heading outside (where car parked) for lunch

Doña Keating
Doña Keating2:11 PM

Photos from earlier today. Dropbox took forever with this reception...argh. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b710wkn14iyo4k8/AABW-e1z2P86HHmbLSov942a?dl=0

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee3:11 PM

I meant I did not list last match #58 in first posting

Cruz Strom
Cruz Strom6:45 PM

Battery problem is solved. Velcro will be installed tomorrow morning.

Doña Keating
Doña Keating6:52 PM

^^^bee's knees...

2019-10-13
Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee4:50 AM

Thank a

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee4:51 AM

S

Enrique Chee
Enrique Chee5:49 AM

@Justice James what happen ? No justice today . No programmers!:(

Justice James
Justice James10:20 AM

I'm so sorry about this. There's no way for me to get there, but I can be on call if anything happens.

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger10:34 AM

Just watched match 58. Our drive team & robot scored some cargo & climbed at the end. Great way to close out Quals!

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:58 AM

Lol @Declan Freeman-Gleason programmers on call schedule sounds like a good idea :grinning:

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily10:59 AM

Remote deployment here we come!

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger11:48 AM

Wow! I just saw that 2605 Seamonsters (not 1318 IRS as I originally said) picked us for their alliance for Elims! Our first quarterfinal match is scheduled to take place at 1:07. IRS is a great, well-established school-based team... one of the best in the PNW... really glad we have the chance to team up with them.

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:21 PM

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily12:21 PM

Retry

Chris Rininger
Chris Rininger12:56 PM

Here are my pictures from yesterday: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AikCDwtdoW5LgYBoMlenSPgkDXXEZg?e=lKKIO5

Doña Keating
Doña Keating6:30 PM

@Sean Reilly Some brill shots here by @Chris Rininger for Marketing. Thank you, Chris!

Binnur Alkazily
Binnur Alkazily7:18 PM

Great pictures, thank you!

Riyadth Al-Kazily
Riyadth Al-Kazily7:35 PM

Here is a playlist of our matches today: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcarDjxrehe4h4Eysz5G0xY11bghpr7p

2019-11-07
Max Morse
Max Morse12:22 AM

@Max Morse has joined the channel

Melony Bourgeois
Melony Bourgeois1:10 PM

@Melony Bourgeois has joined the channel

2019-12-11
Jiana Lyons
Jiana Lyons7:46 PM

@Jiana Lyons has joined the channel